Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hello all, and welcome!

As you may have guessed from my most creative title, I am moving to China! Tomorrow.
For those of you who don't know, I'm going there to teach conversational English to 6-7th graders (I think) for ten months. And, in answer to the most common questions that arise when people first hear this information: no, I have never been to China before; no, I don't speak Mandarin Chinese or any Chinese dialect for that matter; no, I have no formal training as a teacher, no, I have no idea what I am doing, and yes, I realize that I just broke a number of rules of punctuation in that sentence, but I don't care.

I don't have much to say yet, but wanted to let you know it is here that I'll be posting updates of my trials and tribulations. I think this is better than attempting to send out mass emails to people who might not give a damn. So check back regularly, and hopefully I'll have something interesting to say to make it worth your while.

However, I hope to still hear from all of you, so be sure to email, write, call (once I figure out how to make that work) or whatever you prefer. I don't intend for this to be a substitute for that, I just figured this was the easiest way to keep people who are interested informed.

I guess that's about all I have to say. Tomorrow I start the 25 hour treck across the globe. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment